It was believed to be a ceremonial pyramid dedicated to the Masters of the Night which was later turned into a tomb. The pyramid was built above a vast tunnel of caverns resembling the Mayan Underworld.
In 2027 an archaeological dig revealed the previously undiscovered cavern. The Mayan Coffer was discovered there.
Each side of the building has a row of hieroglyphics which according to the Omniglot DM they read the following:
- Only after passing the trials may a supplicant gain counsel with the gods to pay homage.
- A supplicant must prove his worth by passing the trials of the Underworld
- Libations must be made to the Lords of the Night to gain passage into the realms of the Underworld.
The interior of the building has the following inscriptions
- The Holy Vessel contains the breath of Itzamná. To touch the Holy Vessel is to become a vessel of the word of Itzamná.
- Homage must be paid to the four Lords of the Night before the layman is allowed to touch the Holy Vessel of ordainment.
- The Chac Mool grants entrance to the Underworld only on Sacred Days.
- (List of deities and their sacred dates)